Diploma in Pharmacy (D.Pharm)
The KCT College of Pharmacy provides the teaching & training facilities for students who opt for Diploma in Pharmacy. The examinations and the awarding of the Diploma for this particular course is carried out by the Board of Examining Authority constituted by the Govt. of Karnataka. The entire teaching and training programme as well as the conduct of examinations etc., are in accordance with the Educational Regulations framed by the Pharmacy council of India (PCI), New Delhi.
Minimum requirements for admission to the Diploma Course in Pharmacy are as follows:
For admission into the D.Pharm course the student needs just to pass with Physics, Chemistry, Maths (PCM) or Biology (PCB) in any of the following examinations:
- Intermediate examination in Science
- The first year of the three year degree course in Science
- 10+2 examination (academic stream) in Science
- Pre-degree examination or PUC (Pre- university Course)
- PCM/PCB/PCMB or Any other qualification approved by the Pharmacy council of India as equivalent to any of the above examinations.
About the course: The course of study in Diploma in Pharmacy comprises of Part-I and Part-II. There shall be an examination in the first year on the subjects of Part-I and an examination in the second year of the Part-II subjects.
Duration of course: The course of academic training is of 2 years duration with minimum of 180 working days per year followed by a practical training not less than 500 hours covered in around 3 months.